Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tallulah Starts Out 2009 with a Bang!

What goes up...

unfortunately, sometimes, falls down.

On New Year's day I heard a clunk, bang followed by a screaming Tally. I feared the worse. Tally was standing there holding her arm, not moving it, and crying "It hurts daddy! Arms hurts!" She finally managed to fall off the ladder.

We had put the ladder away for a long time, but we put it back up a few months ago thinking Tally could manage it. She did well for a few months. It's gone up again for now, probably for a great while. Tally loves the loft (any kid does). Inevitably though, it seems like a good place to fall from.

Almost immediately after the fall, Tally started asking for a blanket- still not moving her arm. I figured it was shock and she broke something. I told Mandy to take her to ER and I'd follow with Seamus.

When I got to the ER they'd taken the X-ray already. Tally had broken her arm. As far as breaks go, I guess they think it will heal good and fast without much intervention. We're still waiting to see the orthopedic doctor though. I hope they're correct.

They subscribed some pain meds and put Tally's arm in a full cast and sling. Something she'll need to get used to for 6 weeks or so I guess.


Here's the X-ray (circled in red is the fracture).


Tally's doing pretty well. Each day goes better. She still goes full speed- just has a few more pain med induced naps and is a wee bit grumpier about having to use her left arm more. She's doing great at it though.


Lefty power!


Before the crash, on New Year's eve day we had a great ski up at the Beaver Creek ski area again. We used the Yurt to get out of the wind for lunch. The kiddos loved it. Might be Tally's last ski for a while. Here's a few pics from that adventure...


Two armed Tally gobbles lunch.


Seamus gets a break from the Chariot.


He enjoyed crawling around the yurt.


The Tally monster in full effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment